Saturday 14 March 2015

Bring me a Pina Colada!

Good Morning my little Moondrops!

"Treasure, that is what you are! You're my golden star!"


I'm writing this blog post at 10pm, the reason? Well the OTM is hosting a 'Vintage' themed party! This is like a dream come true for Philip, but me and my main girl Zoe are getting super into it too! So we're allowed to dressed from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Zo is going as 80's, the time of Madonna and Grease, where Pineapple was big and crazy hair was everywhere. Neon splashes are a must and leg warmers are a plus.
But I decided to go as the 70's, where the fashion world was becoming much more dangerous, the 60's allowed us to shorten our skirts but the 70's are where the hemlines are really lifted. Now for someone as, shall we be nice and say innocent, as I, I always find it fun to dress the complete opposite of my persona, also due to my height, no matter what length the dress is, I always manage to make it look short. So after some quick google searches I decided BIG CRAZY CURLS, a short black check dress and knee high boots. Photos will be taken drunkenly tonight and uploaded tomorrow, which as your reading this, will be right now!


The clothes were easy enough, but I had no idea what makeup was like in the 70's and if I could get away with wearing a bright blue eyeshadow without looking like a complete mug. I decided against that iconic blue eye shadow  and decided that the heavy winged eyeliner would suffice. Then it was onto the lips, in my research I found no traces of a red lipstick, instead I found soft pinks and peaches, but I decided I would put my own personal touch to the look and use the brightest red I own, which is the LimeCrime Velvetines' Red Velvet. A simply gorgeous stand out matte lipstick which is a definite killer. I did nothing crazy for my complexion, just my simple everyday primer and foundation and contouring, I think contouring was big in the 70's.

All in all, I think my look was good for the night, but rather disappointingly, I had more fun getting ready, than actually at the party. I mean it's always good to see your friends but I didn't pre so I was running on empty fuel and I had no one to top up the tank with! On top of that I knew none of the music, and when I was on the dance floor, literally it was Zoe and I and 3 other people. The new LED dance floor is wicked cool though. But imagine that! You and 4 others, dancing to music that seemed to have no beat, the outcome was embarrassing, my mind was just a mix of "what the fuck do I do? How do I dance to this? Do I look as stupid as that woman?"

Maybe I should have stayed longer, dear Zoe told me the party did pick up its pace, but for me when the clock struck 2am, and the party was still mellow, I just gave up. So I walked back home, feeling at loss with myself, climbed into bed and I was out like a light.

Such a sad Friday night, I did not get down on Friday, Rebecca Black would be ashamed. I can hear her robotic voice now.


No comments:

Post a Comment