Wednesday 15 October 2014

Kawaii KPOP!

Hello my lovelies!
So I know I said I was going to do today's blog about teen depression (which I will but in a separate post) however this post is on KPOP! Wow! 
So basically, I may or may not be addicted to Kpop, if you are so behind the times, KPOP is korean pop. 
I was introduced to Kpop when I was about 14, so coming up to 5 years now, my first ever Kpop band was Beast/b2st... Please enjoy this photo of them:
I was so obsessed with Beast that I even went to the United cube concert in London for my birthday with 2 of my best friends! It was an epic night, like you at some stage, need to attend a Kpop concert, we don't fangirl like normal girls.
So basically let me tell you how to Kpop, but warning once you enter the Kpop scene, there's no getting out! And it's avert expensive hobby, literally you have to be willing to spend £15+ on 1 CD that usually only has 6 songs on it, that's £2.50 a song, however you could go on iTunes an download the album for probably £7 but you wouldn't get the beauties of photo albums... You want the photo albums. But not only are the CD's pricey, but all concert tickets are too! Usually £60 for a relatively unknown band, I paid £160 for 1 ticket to see BIGBANG and I paid for my best friend for her Christmas present too. But in retrospect it's kind of understandable since they are coming from the other side of the world. But that's the next problem... Your "Oppa's" (you'll soon understand the lingo, I'll write a summary up down below) live on the other side of the world, which means you'll probably never see them, all the Kpop programmes are in KOREAN, so you have to wait for someone to put sub titles up! Which can range from a day after (if the fan base is as big as one as EXO) or sometimes never! Also if you want merchandise, the price of your favourite groups Tshirt might say $25 but have you added the world wide postage fee? Cause damn! Does the price soar. It is an expensive hobby.
How to be a Kpop star------ Must watch!

But yeah, how to Kpop, first pick a group! Be that boy or girl, if you go boy, I suggest go for some of the more generally liked stuff, such as BIGBANG, super Junior, Exo, SHINee... And for girls, GIrls Generation, 2NE1, F(X), Miss A, Secret... 
Then watch 1, maybe 2 or 3 music videos, freak out, cause in every MV they all look completely different from how they looked in the previous MV. 
Now my favourite part, you can find their profiles online, I love this about Kpop, for someone as nosey as me, the fact all their details are up on one simple site, brilliant! Here's a quick link: SuMandu, the Kpop guru.
Now you need to pick a bias, your bias is basically like saying your favourite member of the group, typically for girls this then turns into "my husband". For me for example, in TEENTOP my bias is Chunji! It may be because they are stunningly gorgeous, or because they make you laugh, or you may just be a little bit of a sap and cry at their songs ;P
And that my dears, is where the obsession begins, first its just MV's, then its variety shows, until finally you're on kdrama's and there is nothing quite as dramatic as a kdrama, I mean you can forget about East Enders! 

So yeah *sighs dramatically* my love for TEENTOP is unreal, you know I went VIP to their concert, yeah I swear to you, it was one of the happiest moments of my life #sadbuttrue.
 But there are also sites such as Allkpop which will give you all the latest news about all your favourite artists! and you may scoff and say "ha! like I'm going to care that much... except you will..."
I suggest you watch this video for reference ;) How people get addicted to Kpop
Good luckkkkkk
Lisa  x
 OH BEFORE I FORGET!
Here is the need to know kpop lingo: Kpop Lingo,

No comments:

Post a Comment