Tuesday 28 July 2015

My favourite Manga's part 1

Hey Lovebugs,
So I haven't blogged in a while, and my reasons are all to do with University!
So I am now a beat editor, which means power, but what comes with power?
Work.
Lots of it.
uwahhhh, I am so overloaded that when I do have time off, I find myself wanting to spend it on Gossip girl or small gathering of friends, rather than before, where I loved hanging out in big busy groups
But it will get better over time!

Anyway, I decided that there are millions of manga's out there, all waiting to be loved, gushed and cooed over and read.
But facing all that choice can be daunting, so I will just say that my favourite genre of manga is Romance, School life, and action

So here are 3 of my favourite manga's and the summaries they come with.
So check them out!

1. Fruits Basket.


Fruit basket was my first ever manga, my mum came back from shopping with her friends one day and presented this book upon me, I remember sneering at her "cartoons. Since when have I expressed any interests in cartoons," I told her I would finish the book in 10 minutes flat. Although its true, I did finish the first book in 10 minutes, I loved every single one of those minutes. 
I am a vain bitch, so looks are really important to me, all of the characters are stunning in this series, and as the series continues, the author's skills vastly improves.

I own every single book, 23, not including the specials, books, all at £10. 
£230 well spent.



Wikipedia plot: 
When high school student Tohru Honda's mother dies in a car crash on her way to work in the parking lot, she decides to live with her grandfather. Renovations on the house and unsupportive and unkind family members cause her to move out of her grandfather's house temporarily and, since she has nowhere else to go, Tohru begins living in a tent and supporting herself. That is, until she finds a home in the least likely of places, inhabited by her popular classmate Yuki Sohma and his cousins Shigure and Kyo.
The Sohmas live with a curse. Twelve members of the family (not including Kyo, who is the cat) are possessed by spirits of theChinese zodiac and turn into their zodiac animal when they are weak, under stress, embarrassed, or when hugged by someone of the opposite gender.
When Tohru discovers the Sohmas' secret, she promises not to tell and is allowed to keep living with them. Although the Sohmas' curse is deeper and darker than Tohru realized, her presence and her acceptance of them soon becomes a large, positive influence on those possessed by the zodiac. She sets out to break the curse and, on the way, meets and discovers the Sohma's vengeful zodiac spirits. Each has a different personality, just like the animals in the Chinese zodiac. Tohru's existence changes the Sohma clan's lives forever.

2.Kaichou Wa Sama Maid!

I really liked this manga/anime, a strong female lead with a cheeky yet charming male lead. It makes you smile, feel pain and laugh all at the same time. 

Really cute leads and really adorable outfits due to the maid cafe, so we get to see the artist really explore all different tones, styles and occasions. 

I think I first read this is on a plane journey back from Thailand to England, and the few books I had managed to fit in my carry on bag kept me entertained for about an hour of the journey. the next 11 were occupied with music, my imagination and the tv screen infront of me. 

Wikipedia plot:
Once an all-boys school, Seika High, a renowned school full of reckless students, has recently become a co-ed school. However, with the female population still remaining a minority even after the change over the recent years, Misaki Ayuzawa takes it into her own hands to reform the school and allow a chance for the girls to feel safer in the rough environment. Even the teachers are on her side. Training, studying and even becoming the first female student council president of the school, Misaki has gained a reputation, among the male students body as an uptight boy-hating demon dictator and as a shining hope for the teachers and fellow female students. However, despite her tough-as-nails appearance, she secretly works part-time at a maid café in order to support her family.
Unfortunately, Misaki's secret is soon discovered by Takumi Usui, a popular boy at Seika High. Instead of exposing it to the school, though, Usui keeps it for himself and even becomes a regular at the café, much to Misaki's chagrin. Known for being a genius in pretty much everything from academics to athletics and for having rejected numerous confession of his female peers, Usui takes a liking to Misaki due to her standing out from other girls who are attracted to him because of his looks. 

3. Vampire Knight


Vampire Knight is generally really well known amongst the anime/manga community, its your solid safe choice. This was also my 2nd manga. and because I was reading along as it was being published, I know I got really confused with the story line only because I was having big breaks in between.
But this is amazing, really beautiful characters, an interesting plot, and a fun scenario. 
I wasn't a fan of the ending.

Wikipedia plot:

Yuki's earliest memory is of a stormy night in winter, where she was attacked by a rogue vampire and rescued by Kaname Kuran, a Pureblood vampire. Now ten years later, Yuki Cross, the adopted daughter of the headmaster of Cross Academy, Kaien Cross, has grown up and become a guardian of the vampire race, protecting her childhood crush, Kaname, from discovery as he leads a group of vampires at the elite boarding school. At her side is Zero Kiryu, a childhood friend whose hatred for the creatures that destroyed everything he held dear leaves him determined never to trust them. This coexisting arrangement seems all well and good, but have the vampires truly renounced their murderous ways, or is there a darker truth behind their actions? Because in this world of secrets, nothing is as it seems. And the price of misplaced trust may even be worse than death. Should Yuki truly find out what was in her past, is the truth going to hurt her worse than not knowing?

I will be continuing this on shortly with my next set of 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment